Sunday, December 6, 2015

My Testimony-Jamie Scott

I suppose I have always known the the gospel of Jesus Christ is true.  It has been familiar to me for as long as I can remember.  Many of my first childhood memories have much to do with either church or family.

My first memory is sitting in church and partaking of the sacrament.  I sat with both my parents and Grandma.  Although I did not quite understand at the innocent age of 2 the significance of the sacrament or comprehend the depth of the atonement I knew I felt happy, safe and loved.

Second, I can recall sitting in a primary room with other children and looking at a picture hanging on the wall of the savior surrounded by little children.  I knew that He knew me personally, that He loved and cared about me.

Perhaps the most significant memory I have is when my sister was born.  I was 2 1/2 when Katie came to our family.  I remember holding my new baby sister in my arms and how very excited I was to see her.  I was going to have a best friend.  God sent us to earth through families. How wonderful it is to know we have family.

My relationship with our Savior is so very personal.  He does know me.  He understands me.  He hears my prayers and really does answer them.  He is there during my brightest and most joyous days.  And He will be there during my darkest hours.  I know that I am never alone. He delights in my growth and progression. I will be forever grateful for his atonement on my behalf and I will rejoice in his name forever.  For me the gospel of our Savior found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has always felt familiar.  I know that wherever I am in the world, of all the places I’ve lived and visited It will always feel like coming home.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment