Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Autumn's Testimony

I am so grateful for the blessings the gospel has brought into my life. Growing up, I had always had a testimony of the Savior and felt the spirit.  I felt as though I never had a big experience to share that really shaped my testimony until right before the summer of 2011.

I was sitting in stake conference when I had a strong prompting to move to Tempe. I had never before had such a specific, strong prompting that I couldn't deny. At the time I was working at a Salon and there was another location I could possibly move to. I knew I had to at least try, so the next week I talked to my supervisors to see if this was possible. They quickly let me know that there wasn't a great chance of the location change. I was confused and discouraged, until the very next week when there was an opening at that exact location! I moved to Tempe, and had the best experience in my ward and with my new roommates. I made many lifelong friends and my testimony grew so much from those few short months. Later that summer, I met Thomas and a little over a year later we were sealed in the Mesa Arizona temple.

I am so grateful I was taught at such a young age to recognize the spirit and to act on promptings. I know that the Savior knows each of us personally and knows what we need in our lives. I have a testimony of the gospel and the special love Heavenly Father has for each of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment