Sunday, December 6, 2015

Laurie's Testimony

The Church has always been the center of my life and I have always been challenged with missionary work and my parents always supported me with these challenges. One challenge came when I was in 6th or 7th grade when I was asked to invite someone to attend church with me after accepting an invitation to attend theirs. I attended a church of one of my friends and the services went okay but then we went to class. It was then that the teacher started to talk about how the Mormon’s were a cult and that they weren’t Christians. I started to cry but stood my ground when I told him  that I was a member of the church he was talking about and that it was not okay for him to belittle other faiths and I got up and walked out and called my father to come get me. The pastor of the church called my house and tried to apologize for what was said. I accepted his apology but from that day forward my testimony was stronger. Because of this incident I have tried to fill my life and teach my family about missionary service.
Watching my family grow has been such a blessing and a pleasure. I knew The Book of Mormon was true when I completed seminary because with having to study it, it made more sense and I knew it was true. There is no one story that I like more than another, I love them all.
Having a supportive family throughout difficult times in my life and continue to have their support has been such a blessing. My parents have been my anchor throughout my life and I would not be the woman I am today if it wasn’t for their love and support.
I bear my testimony that I know the Church is true and that Heavenly Father lives and Jesus is the Son of God and the Holy Ghost is my constant companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment