Sunday, December 6, 2015

Kathleen's Testimony

I can’t point to a specific time in my life when I knew I had a testimony of the Church, but I can say without a doubt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a true church. I grew up going to church almost every Sunday.  I believe it was the social thing to do in the town of Bountiful, Utah.  You pretty much knew who was an active member and who was not. I could almost name every home and the last name of the family who lived in that home within the “ward boundaries”.  I remember as a young child being in church specifically fast and testimony meetings when others were sharing their testimony and a warm and comforting feeling would come upon me during these times.  These “warm and comforting” feelings have been present all through my life.  I struggle to put the words together to express my feelings.  I wish others could just see in my heart and understand the words I cannot find to express.  I know my life has been greatly blessed and a path divinely written just for me when I have been faithful and obedient to God’s plan. I have tried my entire life to be a good person and stay close and grounded to the church.  I know my Heavenly Father loves me and guides me here on this earth.  I have seen his hand throughout my life and the lives around me.  I can testify of times when the spirit has guided my direction in this life and prompted me or others to act upon these heaven sent messages of love.  I truly have been blessed in my life with those who have been put there for when I have needed it the most.  I know our Heavenly Father cares and loves each one of us individually.  He Knows us……He knows our needs and desires……He knows our hearts and He knows each challenge we face every day of our lives.  Our Father in Heaven loves us very much and desires for each of us to succeed in having a happy life.  We just need to be doing the things in our lives that He desires of us every day and He will be with us and carry us through our hardships and burdens.  I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and paid the ultimate price for me and all the dumb things I mess up on.  I am truly striving to be the person I know He wants me to be.  I am so thankful for the loving guidance the Church has had throughout my life.  I have truly been blessed in my life.  I know this Church is sooo true! It is God’s plan for each one of us and if we embrace it with all our heart, mind and soul we will find the happiness we need in this life and the life to come! I am truly blessed and loved!

Kathleen Smith
December 6, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment